Vaishno Devi Temple Jammu
The Vaishno Devi Temple is one of the Holiest and Spiritual Temple in the Country. This Shrine is the 2nd most visited Temple in India. This Temple is dedicated to Goddess Shakti. This Shrine is a Holy cave which is located in Trikuta Mountain. It is 13.5 Km away from Katra. Every year more than 8 million devotees visit here for Darshan.
Vaishno Devi Temple Jammu Aarti Timings
The Aarti of Goddess in Vaishno Devi is performed twice a day. The Morning Aarti takes place just before the sunrise and Evening Aarti takes place just after the sunset. The whole procedure of Aarti takes 2 hours.
- During Aarti, the Darshan remains suspended. The procedure of the Aarti is sacred and lengthy. Before the commencement of the Aarti, the priest performs Aatm Pujan that is self-purification.
- Then they first perform the aarti inside the Holy Cave where the Holy Pindies of Mother goddess is present. After performing Aarti Inside the Cave, another Aarti outside the cave is performed.
- Then the Goddess is bathed in the mixture of water, milk, ghee, honey, and sugar. And then the Goddess is dressed up in a saree, Chola, and chunni and with beautiful ornaments in the midst of variousShlokas and Mantras.
- Thereafter a Tilak is placed on the forehead of the deity and Prashad (navied) is offered. The Pujaries then performs Pooja of various Gods and Goddesses as it is believed that during the Aarti, all the Gods are present inside the Sanctum Santorum. A Jyoti is lightened in a thaal and then the Aarti is performed.
- After the whole procedure, the thaal which contains the Jyoti and various other items which were used in the ‘Aarti’ is brought outside the mouth of the holy cave, where ‘Aarti’ of the goddess is performed in the presence of the Devotees.
- After the Aarti outside the holy cave is over, the Pujaris distributes the Prashad and the Charanamrit (the holy water) to the devotees. A limited number of Devotees could be present during the Aarti.
Vaishno Devi Temple Jammu Aarti Timings Ticket
For Attka Aarti, the Ticket is Rs. 1000 per person. You can do online booking on Oficial website of Vaishno Devi Shrine.